What is Material Manager ?
AND WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR
The VP MATERIAL MANAGER is a new innovative tool to manage materials, maps and bitmaps within 3DS MAX® in ways never possible before. Material presets can now have ATTRIBUTES that can easily be filtered with the integrated attribute filters. The times are over where you needed to dive through folders to find the material you need. Just select the combination of attributes and the preset manager will show you the materials that fit these attributes. Finding materials was really never faster!
Besides this new way of finding and loading presets, the MATERIAL MANAGER also manages bitmaps in a completely new way. MATERIAL MANAGER stores the bitmaps in a central library database to ensure that bitmaps are found when materials are loaded. Really, who wants to loose time by re-locating lost bitmaps …
But MATERIAL MANAGER has much more to offer. You can use the wild-card search with instant results that a blazingly fast, change and edit attributes, add comments, rate presets, create favorites and many more.
EASY LOADING AND SAVING
MATERIAL MANAGER is integrated directly into the VP Plugins with buttons for loading and saving presets. This way you don´t have to bother creating a new material or re-assigning a material to an object, just load a different preset and watch the result.
FAST PRESET FINDING
If you are looking for a material or map preset, you don´t want to waste time searching through several material libraries. The ATTRIBUTES section of Material Manager makes finding presets a breeze. Just click the attributes that describe the characteristics of your material and you´ll only see the results that fit. Filter by COLOR, TYPE, MAP OR MATERIAL, and even search live by just typing in the search field.
Multiple and enlarged Previews
One preview thumbnail might not be enough and waiting for a preview to be rendered can also be annoying. With Material Manager, you can assign up to 5 preview images per preset, which can be enlarged for better viewing.
Import and Exchange
Integrate your 3Ds Max .mat libraries and exchange presets with colleagues
Material Manager offers two methods of importing presets and one option to export presets. You can import 3Ds Max .mat libraries and automatically render thumbnails for each of the presets. You can also export self-contained presets including the bitmaps for better exchange with colleagues or other artists. Just use the proprietary format .mmp to export one or more presets and import in Material Manager.
Online User Library
Share materials and maps online
The online User Library provides a growing repository of shared materials and maps by other users and VIZPARK. Materials can be uploaded and downloaded with the Material Manager 1.1 LE which is included in the installation. To download or upload and share presets, a valid VP User account is required.View User Library Materials ...
- Filter materials by attributes
- Very fast material management
- Set material favorites and show favorites only
- Rate materials
- Add User Attributes [PRO]
- Multiple thumbnails and large previews
- Wildcard search materials with instant results
- Sort materials by name, date, last update, comments, rating
- Collapse attribute filters section
- Gallery and List view for material results
- Load presets from VIZ Plugins
- Assign materials to objects directly
- Assign to material editor slots
- Lite Edition FREE for all VIZ PLUGINS
- NEW in v1.3.3: Support for 3Ds Max 2020
- NEW in v1.3.2: Save presets with relative paths (don´t copy bitmaps)
- NEW in v1.3.0: Connect via network through Proxy Server
- NEW in v1.3.0: Performance improvements
- NEW in v1.3.0: Select User Library / VP / Local presets
- NEW in v1.2.5: Support for Max 2018
- NEW in v1.2.4: FStorm Render support
- NEW in v1.2.0: Drag and Drop
- NEW in v1.2.0: Arnold render support
- NEW in v1.1.9: Create and edit USER ATTRIBUTES
- NEW in v1.1.8: Team version across network
- NEW in v1.1.8: Import .mat libraries
- NEW in v1.1.8: Re-Render thumbnails
- NEW in v1.1.8: Ex- and import .mmp presets with bitmaps
- NEW in v1.1.8: Enlarge previews
- NEW in v1.1.7: Multi-Previews for each preset
- NEW in v1.1.6: Custom thumbnails and quality settings
- NEW in v1.1.0: Online User Library
Material Manager Pro is available as personal, professional or studio license. A personal license includes 1 x license for those with a revenue below $100.000. A professional license includes 3 x licenses for those with a revenue below $1 million and a studio license includes 10 x licenses for those with a revenue above $1 million. All licenses are perpetual licenses.