Job position and experience
- Junior to senior 3D vegetation artist (3+ years in film, game or archviz)
- Scan processing and texture creation with Metashape
- PBR material creation with Substance
- Plant modeling (ideally GrowFX, Plantfactory or manual)
- Realistic environment creation with UE4, Blender, 3Ds Max
- Shading in v-ray or corona, cycles and UE4 Blueprint
Job description and benefits
- Fulltime (40+ hours) at VIZPARK office in Hamburg
- Flexible work times and 26 days of paid holiday per year
- Competitive salary
- Espresso machine with free coffee
- Exciting content creation projects with a variety of tasks
- Photoscanning sessions outside in nature and city
VIZPARK is seeking a talented junior to senior 3D vegetation artist who can create professional and photorealistic 3D plants and environments. Ideally you know how to capture leaves and tree bark with photoscanning, process and create PBR textures with Substance and render out realistic looking images. If you also know how to create plants with GrowFX, you´re a perfect fit! If not, please consider to apply nevertheless…
Desired skills and tasks:
- Know how to photoscan leaves, bark and trees with photoscan or realitycapture
- Have good knowledge of setting up and optimizing vray shaders for plants
- Know how to process textures in Substance Designer / Painter
- Know how to UV unwrap and create LowPoly models for use in realtime game engines
- Have good communication skills (English or German)
If you feel suitable for this position, please send us your application through the contact form and choose “Job Application” as request type.
Please provide references of your work, your technical setup and describe your know-how as precisely as possible.
This is a fulltime position in Hamburg, but if you´re interested in a freelance (remote) position, please don´t forget to include your daily rate in US$ or Euros.
If you´re interested in a fulltime position, please include the monthly salary you´re aiming for and the earliest possible start date.
I am looking forward to seeing your application!
HOW IS WORKING @ VIZPARK
What can you expect ?
Working at VIZPARK will be fun …
WHERE ? You will work at our new office in Hamburg – Speicherstadt, Am Sandtorkai 27 at the M28. This is an old building by the Kreativgesellschaft with 6 floors, including the VRHQ (Virtual Reality Headquarter), HAW and more exciting media companies and people from the 3D, Virtual Reality, 360° and media production areas. Surrounding the office you´ll find nice coffee shops, restaurants, bars (which will open again soon hopefully) and the Elbe with our new landmark Elbphilharmonie.
WHO ? Aside of people sharing the same floor XYZ Space in the building (moodmacher and an architect) you will mainly work together with Martin, the founder and owner of VIZPARK. Since the other partners and freelancer of VIZPARK are spread over the world, you will be the first or second employee in the new office, so we´ll be a small group in the beginning. Is this good or bad ? Well, you decide, but starting small means more flexibility, less hierarchies and you have more influence on the future of VIZPARK.
WHAT ? The main goal is to extend the product portfolio of VIZPARK and to create new products for 3D environment creation mainly in Unreal Engine, 3ds Max and Blender, since I believe these tools define the future of 3D content creation. We will work closely together and create outstanding 3D models, scan nature, create PBR textures and stunning visuals for architecture, film and games. So, the goal is broaden the product range from just architectural visualization to video games, film production and advertising. And if you´re into Virtual Reality, you´re a perfect fit, as this is also a very important part of VIZPARKs future.